A morning cup of coffee is a ritual for many people. The great news is that as well as kickstarting your morning routine with a bout of caffeine (or not if you’re a decaf lover!) that will keep you energised throughout the day, there are actually many hidden benefits to a good brew.
Here, Sourced Coffee share five hidden benefits of coffee:
1. Helps aid carb digestion – Coffee and carbs surprisingly make a good team! Chemicals found in coffee beans can help turn carbohydrates into energy – which paired with the caffeine energy boost will leave you feel ready to tackle the day.
2. Keeps your cells healthy – Coffee contains chlorogenic acid which is an extremely powerful antioxidant. These are able to fight off ‘free radicals’ which are hidden in everyday things such as fried food and alcohol. The elimination of these free radicals ensure you remain healthy in the long run.
3. Diabetes prevention – Did you know that drinking a cup of coffee can reduce your risk of developing diabetes by up to 7%? Your risk of developing the disease can actually increase if you give up your morning cuppa!
4. Enhanced brain function – Our ability to absorb and process information is based upon focus. Studies have shown that caffeine can increase an individual’s ability to focus for longer periods of time.
5. Feel good factor – Coffee increases the production of serotonin and dopamine – the chemicals responsible for boosting your mood and making you feel happier.